Friday, October 3, 2008

About my blog

I'm new to blogging so bear with me. In my blog my intent is to share my interests and artistic abilities along with some of my wife, Rita's artworks. Some of our art is available at an Etsy site if you are interested, you can see a link at the bottom of this page. At the moment I am interested in painting pirate related scenes and monkey pirates. Yes I said monkey pirates, these are a band of monkeys who are pirates, I think they would make a great kids story if anyone is interested. I will add pictures soon.

My other interests, outside of art, involves collecting things. I seem to have inherited the collecting gene and have to have more than one of anything that interests me. I have a small collection of antique outboard motors. These are interesting in their engineering and design and how they evolved over the years, my collection dates from 1926 to 1968. A lot of changes were made in that time. My most recent obsession is with model engines, remember the old Cox glow engines? My nephew and I have been playing with some that I had as a kid and a few recently purchased motors. They are much easier to store than the outboards.

I will leave it at that for now and go do some work.

No comments: